I’ve wanted to give charcoal discs for a while but was always a bit intimidated. After watching this video I think I am ready to give it a try
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature (slightly softened)
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro, packed
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix together butter, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a small bowl. Serve as is or save for later.
If you save the butter for later, wrap it up in plastic wrap in the shape of a log and refrigerate until stiff. To use, just unwrap and slice from the butter log.
50 Ways To Use Essential Oils
Found at MoonsMuses.com
1. For good smelling towels, sheets, clothes, etc. place a few drops
of your favorite essential oil onto a small piece of terry cloth and
toss into the clothes dryer while drying. Add 5 drops essential oil
to 1/4 cup fabric softener or water and place in the center cup of
2. Potpourri which has lost its scent can be revived by adding a few
drops of essential oil.
3. Add a few drops of oil to water in a spray bottle and use as an
4. Add a few drops essential oil to a pan of water and simmer on
stove or in a potpourri pot.
5. To enjoy a scented candle, place a drop or two into the hot
melted wax as the candle burns.
6. To dispel household cooking odors, add a few drops of Clove oil
to a simmering pan.
7. For tired aching muscles or arthritis aches, mix 1 part Cinnamon,
Sage and Basil oil to 4 parts Sweet Almond or other vegetable oil
and use as a massage oil.
8. Ease headache pain by rubbing a drop of Rosemary I Lavender oil
onto the back of your neck.
9. To blend your own massage oil, add 3-5 drops of your favorite
essential oil to 1 oz. Sweet Almond or other skin-nourishing
10. Add 10 drops of essential oil to a box of cornstarch or baking
soda, mix very well, let set for a day or two and then sprinkle over
the carpets on your home. let set for an hour or more, then vacuum.
11. To make a natural flea collar, saturate a short piece of cord or
soft rope with Pennyroyal or Tea Tree oil, roll up in a handkerchief
and tie loosely around the animal’s neck.
12. Shoes can be freshened by either dropping a few drops of
Geranium essential oil directly into the shoes or by placing a
cotton ball dabbed with a few drops of Lemon oil into the shoes.
Athlete’s foot? Tea Tree is great!
13. Put a few drops of your favorite essential oil on a cotton ball
and place it in your vacuum cleaner bag. Lemon and Pine are nice.
Rose Geranium helps with pet odors.
14. To fragrance your kitchen cabinets and drawers, place a food
scent dabbed on a cotton ball into an inconspicuous corner.
15. Are mice a problem? Place several drops of Peppermint oil on a
cotton ball and place at problem locations.
16. The bathroom is easily scented by placing oil-scented cotton
balls in inconspicuous places, or sprinkle oils directly onto silk
or dried flower arrangements or wreaths.
17. Apply true Lavender oil and Tea Tree oil directly to cuts,
scrapes or scratches. 1 or 2 drops will promote healing.
18. Homemade soaps are pleasant and offer therapeutic effects when
scented with essential oils. Use soaps which contain pure essential
19. Homemade sachets are more fragrant when essential oils are
blended with the flowers and herbs.
20. An essential oil dropped onto a radiator scent ring or light
bulb will not only fill the room with a wonderful fragrance, but
will also set a mood such as calming or uplifting. (Don’t put
essential oil in the socket.)
21. A few drops of your favorite oil or blend in the rinse water of
your hand washables makes for pleasant results.
22. Anise oil has been used by fishermen for years. Use a drop or
two on the fingertips before baiting up. Anise covers up the human
scent that scares the fish away.
23. Essential oils or blends make wonderful perfumes. Create your
own personal essence! Add 25 drops to 1 oz of perfume alcohol and
allow to age two weeks before using.
24. To dispel mosquitoes and other picnic pests, drop a few drops of
Citronella oil on the melted wax of a candle or place a few drops on
the Bar-B-Q hot coals.
25. 1 drop of Lemon essential oil applied directly to a wart is an
effective means of elimination. Apply the essential oil daily until
the wart is gone.
26. Rosemary promotes alertness and stimulates memory. Inhale
occasionally during long car trips and while reading or studying.
27. Selling your home? Fragrance sells! Fill the kitchen area with
the aroma of spices such as Clove, Cinnamon and Vanilla. Simmer a
few drops of the essential oil of Cinnamon, Nutmeg and other spices.
Geranium oil sprinkled throughout the home creates a warm, cheerful
and inviting mood. Add Cinnamon oil to furniture polish and wipe
down the wood.
28. Add essential oils to paper mache, the result is the creation of
a lovely aromatic piece of art.
29. Infuse bookmarks and stationery with essential oils. Place drops
of oil on paper and put them in a plastic bag. Seal it and leave
overnight to infuse the aroma. Send only good news in perfumed
30. Neck pillows, padded and decorative hangers make more memorable
gifts simply by putting a couple of drops of essential oil on them
31. Overindulge last night? Essential oils of Juniper, Cedarwood,
Grapefruit, Lavender, Carrot, Fennel, Rosemary and Lemon help soften
the effects of a hangover. Make your own blend of these oils and use
a total of 6-8 drops in a bath.
32. Essential oils of Vetivert, Cypress, Cedarwood, Frankincense ,
and Myrrh all make wonderful firewood oil. Drop approximately 2-3
drops of oil or blend of your choice on a dried log and allow time
for the oil to soak in before putting the log on the fire.
33. Flies and moths dislike Lavender oil. Sprinkle it on the outside
of your window frames.
34. Place 1 or 2 drops of sleep enhancing oils such as Chamomile,
Lavender or Neroli on your pillow before retiring for restful sleep.
35. When moving into a new home, first use a water spray containing
your favorite essential oils and change the odorous environment to
your own. Do this for several days until it begins to feel like your
36. Ideal scents for the bedroom are Roman Chamomile, Geranium,
Lavender or Lemon.
37. 1 drop of Lemon essential oil on a soft cloth will polish copper
with a gentle buffing.
38. When washing out the fridge, freezer or oven, add ~ drop of
Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit, Bergamot, Tangerine or Orange essential oil
to the final rinse water.
39. For burns or scalds, drop Tea Tree oil directly on the effected
40. Place 1 drop of Peppermint oil in ½ glass of water, sip slowly
to aid digestion and relieve upset stomach.
41. Use 1 drop of Chamomile oil on a washcloth wrapped ice cube to
relieve teething pain in children.
42. 6-8 drops of Eucalyptus oil in the bath cools the body in summer
and protects in winter.
43. Add I drop Geranium oil to your facial moisturizer to bring out
a radiant glow in your skin.
44. Place 1 or 2 drops of Rosemary on your hair brush before
brushing to promote growth and thickness.
45. When the flu is going around add a few drops of Thyme to your
diffuser or simmer in a pan on the stove.
46. To bring fever down, sponge the body with cool water to which 1
drop each of Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Lavender oils have been
47. The blend of lavender and Grapefruit oil is good for the office.
Lavender creates a calm tranquil atmosphere while Grapefruit
stimulates the senses and clears up stale air.
48. A blend of Geranium, Lavender and Bergamot alleviates anxiety
and depression. Use in a room diffuser or 6-8 drops of this blend in
49. A wonderful massage blend for babies is I drop Roman Chamomile,
1 drop Lavender, 1 drop Geranium diluted in 2 Tablespoons Sweet
50. 1 drop Peppermint oil diluted in 1 teaspoon vegetable oil rubbed
on the back of the neck helps to relieve headaches.
- During medieval times, the Romans used cilantro to mask the smell of rotten meat. It is still used today because of the antioxidants it contains as well as its antibacterial activity.
- It has also been used as a digestive aid
- It is helpful in preventing nausea and relieving flatulence.
- May help improve sleep quality.
- Has proven to have a blood-sugar lowering effect.
Cilantro’s element is fire and its energy is masculine. The ruling planet is Mars. Powdered coriander is added to wine to increase lust.
How to make Cilantro salt
Wash and dry a bunch of fresh cilantro Finely chop using a food processor. Measure the chopped cilantro by loosely packing it into a measuring cup. For every 4 parts fresh, chopped cilantro (by volume), add 1 part kosher or other coarse, non-iodized salt. Mix well and store in tightly covered glass jars in the refrigerator for up to 1 year. Use anywhere cilantro flavor is welcome, leaving out any other salt called for in the recipe.
Rune alphabet & Symbol Meaning
• Wash herbs, discarding stems and damaged leaves. Spin leaves dry in a salad spinner or dry well with paper towels.
• Place herbs in food processor with 1/3 cup olive oil for every 2 cups leaves, or 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) per 2 to 4 tablespoons leaves.
• For butters, add grated citrus rind, ginger, or garlic for extra flavor.
• To make sure herb oils are adaptable to a wide variety of uses, don’t add cheese or nuts.
• Pulse processor, scraping down sides of bowl from time to time, until you get a chunky paste and all leaves are chopped.
• To package for freezing, put 1 cup herb oil or 1/2 cup herb butter in a 1-quart zip-top bag, then flatten and spread mixture to make a thin layer. Freeze flat.
• Best used within 6 months.
jenbutler5601 asked: Did you make the fairy house yourself? If so, would you be interested in submitting photos to my blog, along with a bit more info behind your inspiration and experience in creating it? My readers would love that!
I don’t have pictures of the process. I basically started with a birdhouse as a base and went from there. If you want i can step you through what I did and you share it more as an things to try rather than a how to
I’m growing lemon verbena for the first time this year and I’m looking forward to comparing it to my lemon balm. First recipe up:
Lavender Verbena Tea*
* 1 cup lemon verbena leaves
* 3 tbs lavender flowers
Mix the herbs thoroughly, and store in an air tight container. When you’re ready to enjoy, use 1 tsp per cup of boiling water. Steep for 5 minutes and strain out the leaves. Enjoy with a bit of honey.
*its really a tisane, but I prefer to call it tea